Thursday 29 November 2007

MLG Web Parts, SLK and Parent Observer Role on a 64Bit Platform

I have installed the version of SLK (includes the Observer role) that comes with the MLG Refresh Web Parts and it seems to work fine on a 64bit platform (I have tested with Solitaire and a Class Server 4.0 resource).

I have got the parent access working where parents can view their childs assignments. I followed the Microsoft Learning Gateway Refresh Deployment guide but there is one thing that is not mentioned and that is, you have to give the Parents group Observer rights to the Class Sites that the student is a member of so that Students Assignments appear in the My Childrens Assignments web part on the parent site. Assignments also appear in Teachers, Students and Parents Planners.

No comments:

Post a Comment